Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another Blog Challenge!


Ok, Dustanne has issued another cool blog challenge! Love this one.

Describe one of your fondest vacations you took as a child.


I have to say that this is not one specific vacation, but a series. My parents started a tradition of every July 5th, we would head off to Cedar Point, "America's Roller Coast" and spend the day riding crazy rides. We always had a blast. I have fond memories of my sister Lucy and I wearing matching clothes, riding the Junior Gemini when we were too little to ride the big rides. Gotta love their fat french fries and funnel cakes!! I also remember riding the Blue Streak for the first time and yelling to my mom, "I'm gonna kill dad!!!!" "AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Which if you know CP, this is their "lamest" roller coaster!! Now I can ride them all, fearlessly, or almost anyway!! Those were some good times. We did this for many years! It has been fun to see how Cedar Point has changed over the years. As well as my family. My parents are no longer together, my sisters and I are grown, Lucy lives far away, and we all have families of our own. But I still get that crazy rush when we drive down the Cedar Point causeway! We have managed to keep this tradition alive over the years of change, both parents still took us separately and the love of the place has made many trips for my sisters and I with other friends, school groups, etc... We have seen a lot of rides and attractions come and go. I know also that my parents went up there even before they were married with children! Such a great place, if you get a chance, make the trip!


Also, my all time favorite ride is the Gemini. Its longer than most roller coasters, classic, you race with another car, and you never have to wait in line!
Now here is my question, Do you ride roller coasters with your hands up???? I DO!!! Now everyone scream with me.... AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

No comments: