10 years ago today I got engaged! I love remembering this day. It was a fun and eventful day that Erick and I will remember always. He probably better than I. He had a detailed plan running through his mind, a box with a ring in his pocket all day, and the pressure of remembering what and how he wanted to ask. I on the other hand had my semi-annual loss of voice so I was sort of under the weather and overwhelmed by the beauty of Utah and the happiness of meeting the woman who would be my mother in law. It was a great vacation, a great start to a new year and a great start to a new future.
I also love the above retro picture of us on the morning of that special day...I love it. I love how I am just smiling and looking happy, and Erick is looking like he has a big ole secret! And I have no clue of the expression on his face. Those were good memories.
In looking at just 2009, it was another year I am ready to see go. It seems the older I get the more I am ready for new starts, fresh perspectives, and new challenges. We endured a challenging year, and we are ready for a new one.
Ten years have flown by, we are 6 months away from our 10 yr anniversary, and life is grand. I love the fresh start feeling of a new year. I feel like its the perfect time to plan, revise previous plans, and set out to accomplish whatever we might have in mind for ourselves or our families. I have a few goals. Mostly, I want to enjoy my year. I have a lot to be excited and hopeful about, much to be thankful for, and many gifts in my life.
- I would love to do a 30 day, 30 scrap project for January. Starting today, I want to scrap a little paper project each day. Keeping my paper creativity flowing is important to me. So today I finished off a scrap page that I started a few days ago. Day 1, check.
- I was going to try to blog everyday, but I dont really want to. Is that bad? I want to blog at least once a week, but hope for twice a week.
- My sis Lucy wants to set laundry goal, start and finish a load every single day. (not sundays though, take a rest) I think I want to do that too, but I didn't do one today, so do I go start a load now? I could. I'll let you know.
- I have some more lofty goals; like, be available to my family more, read my scriptures, take photos of the kids each day, go to church every Sunday, etc... and I think those are all do-able. But I think I need to sort it all out by order of importance. Again, I will let you know.
- I need to work on various family relationships. Who knew they could be so challenging?