Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Political Ranting.


Im thinking about gun control laws and the government today. (Thats your warning to stop reading if you don't care to read more. ;)

I heard the audio this afternoon for a recent 911 call that has been in the news of a woman at home with her young children. She took them and hid while an intruder entered her home. She was on her cell phone with her husband and she ended up having to defend her family. The audio is chilling. I can't even imagine her feelings as she faced this intruder with her children by her side. Thank goodness they were safe.

Bad guys don't follow laws. They dont. They never have and never will. It sucks that this world is such a scary place but it is. If given the opportunity to defend the lives of my children (or anyone else's for that matter) I would do whatever I had to to protect them.

My perspective is that as much as I wish preventative measures would work against evil I dont think it would the majority of the time. Defense is survival.

I want to post all this on Facebook, but I battle the idea of creating enemies. So I came here where I am pretty sure those who read my blog, agree with me. :) (Meaning only 4 people read my blog...and I love all 4 of you!)



Photobucket

1 comment:

scrapwordsmom said...

Amen to what you said!!! I almost always read your blog:)