Friday, November 2, 2007

Look Deer!

Most of you blogger/scrappy friends may not know my history with deer. They seem to be drawn to me. Long ago, 8 years or so, I was driving early in the morning with my sister and her friend. Lucy suggested we say a prayer for safety on this trip to the Chicago Temple. So Damon said a prayer, as he prayed, I noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I pulled over and Damon said, "did we just get pulled over?" I'm like, nice prayer, that was really helpful. Well the officer basicly gave me a verbal warning to slow down. So I did. About 10 minutes later, I slammed head on into a deer! It made a bowl out of my hood. This happened at a time in my life where I was able to learn a lot about some things I needed to know.

Just last month on my trip to see Lucy, I was commenting on the lovely strip of highway we were driving on, I said it was so clean and litter free... Oh except for the giant deer carcas on the side of the road.

So, today, Im grumbling about Luke, who got several shots yesterday, and we are trying to wean him from the binkie. He doesn't use it at night. And today I couldn't find it for naps. Well, he fell asleep, but only slept a short time, and woke up very grumpy. So I'm whining about my hardships and look out my lovely window, to see a giant deer with antlers RUNNING quickly through my yard!! It was close enough that I could see slobber coming from its mouth! Can you imagine if Daisy had been outside? ha ha! So it raced around front and I am scrambling for my camera, the memory card wasnt in it, so I barely got a clip of it running away! So funny! Its very quick, just beyond that big tree. Gave me laugh, and cooled off my bad mood. (Too bad it didnt cool off Luke. But I think we will go outside and hunt for deer. You thought I was joking about living on a nature preserve!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I have to say all these deer sightings were either with me, or when you were talking to me on the phone. I think I might be the culprit! :)

Stephanie said...

Rudolph came to see if you've been naughty or nice. What do you think he'll tell Santa???