Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!!

Quote of the Day: Passerby says to their child, oh look there's Ariel and points toward Ella. Ella stopped and clearly exclaimed, "I'm not Ariel, I'm Ella, dressed up as Ariel!" and managed to say that to more than one person while collecting misc. treats from peeps. Clearly our neighborhood is full of morons who don't know the difference between a mermaid and a child dressed up as a mermaid. I am so thankful to have Ella to keep the world in line.

Let me tell you a story about a boy named Jed. He is a stinker who has a bit of a struggle making decisions. Last minute he decided on a costume, only for us to not be able to find it. I managed to coax him into using one of a million costumes we already own, and he ended up looking pretty cool. And for some reason, I only got one picture with him in it. Wierd. I think Halloween is one of his favorite days. He loves running into all kinds of characters in the neighborhood.

Then there was Luke. I think he stole the show this year. A few days before Halloween we were sitting around the the table and I asked Luke what he wanted to be for Halloween. He said right away, Santa Claus. You might laugh, but what you may not know is Luke LOVES all things Santa. He watches the Santa Claus movies with Tim Allen over and over, loves the Grinch movie, and loves to sing Jingle Bells. So, when he said that, I knew we had to make it happen. It was the perfect idea. So we raided Target, got him some sweats, and in their dollar section found some holiday costumes for dogs... so I altered one for him, bought him a Santa hat and some snow boots and he was set. Everyone thought he was so cute and we had him tell people Merry Christmas instead of trick or treat. It was a lot of fun. And I thanks to global warming, I think we had the nicest weather in the history of Halloweens in the Midwest.
Here is Luke saying Ho Ho Ho, and being just a cutie.

2 comments:

emily said...

So cute! Love that the santa costume is part dog-costume. Ingenious!

Stephanie said...

Love the Santa costume! Ella's wig is really fun too! Jed looks like he's ready to do some serious trick-or-treating!