Monday, January 30, 2012

Parenting is hard.

I think parenting is hard. You probably do too.

Lately my focus has been my first born. He receives special services through the school (which you may know if you have read my blog for any length of time, but assuming you dont remember all the important details of my life...) and the last couple weeks I noticed something.

Tons of school work coming home, completed, but lots of it marked wrong! This might not be a big deal to some, but when your kid goes to the 'resource room' for 'special' help everyday, you kinda expect their work to come home in decent shape.

So I have been making a series of phone calls, and battling personal guilt and negative self talk about my skills as a parent...How did I miss this for so long? Why do I not know the names of ALL the many teachers who help Jed with his work each day? And of course, anger toward people who I trust to educate my child. So, this week I have a couple meetings with teachers, and the principal, to straighten it all out. Plus an eye appointment for Mr. Jed to see if his prescription has worsened. We will also add a dr visit to talk about possible medications to help ease Jed through his day.

It truly is always something.
Photobucket

No comments: