Thursday, August 30, 2012

My first heart.



My sister Victoria often tells me what someone once said about motherhood:
"To be a mother is to have your heart walking around outside your body." 

I think, never is that more true than with my kids, especially this guy. I look at him and feel heart ache. Heart ache at the wild baby he was, that journey we took alone as a little family. Then his sweet toddler-hood, where he really never gave me too much trouble-with the ever present exception of sleep of course. 

And especially as he experienced life as a big brother. He sure loved his sister, and then his little brother. Nowadays, that childlike joy is replaced by the stress of being a big kid-school is hard, friendships are hard, listening to mom and dad is hard, and so is being responsible! 

I also feel that heart tug when he faces his own challenges. God has given Jed special gifts, and special trials, just for him. I so wish I could fix them all for him. The heart ache comes when I realize I can't, and even that I shouldn't. 

I have three pieces of my heart out walking around in this world, and he is and always will be my first heart.

Happy Birthday dear boy! We are so proud of you and the sweet boy you always are! We love you bubby!! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Good one, Becca! I think it was Elizabeth Stone. Great quote.