Monday, April 30, 2007

Try something New

Ok, over the weekend I tried a new recipe from our Eating For Life cookbook. Its a new favorite and if you try it, you might just like it. Plus its good for you!

Artichoke Chicken Salad

2 servings

2 cans (5oz)white meat chicken chunks, drained (or 1-2 chicken breast, cooked chopped)
1 can (14 oz) artichokes in water, drained and sliced
1 tomato, diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 C fat free italian dressing
Lettuce

In large mixing bowl, combine chicken, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, parsley, garlic and black pepper. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve over lettuce if desired.

*When I made this for 2 servings, I cooked one large chicken breast and used a small jar of seasoned artichoke hearts, only a couple oz size. I also used dried parsley. It turned out very yummy... and I am not a huge artichoke fan... but I am now! Let me know if you try it out and what you think!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nice. You know how I love new recipes. Ian and I still really like that green enchilada recipe you gave us from Body for Life.

Stephanie said...

BTY I always new you were Wonder Woman!!!

Stephanie said...

knew

becca said...

yah, Im totally wonder woman... ha! erick took the quiz and guess what, he is Electra too!! ha ha!! so he changed his answers, became batman, then superman. he was a little disappointed I think. :-)

we love those enchiladas too. i found a new dessert recipe I am going to try. its for chocolate chip coffee cake from Rachel Rays magazine. I read it at work when i am bored.