Thursday, April 23, 2009

A shout out.

I am a lucky girl. I have many people in my life that support me and love me. I married Erick, who is my best friend. He came with a great set of extended family also. They have always welcomed me into the family and I am very comfortable around them all. I too have parents and relatives who love us and our little family. My dad was in town last night and brought the kids suckers and took me and my big sis, Victoria out for dessert. Somehow we all managed to order breakfast though. Anyway, with all this great family, today I just want to take a minute and highlight one special family member.

Once upon a time there was a family. A mom, a dad, and they had 3 daughters. I was the rear end of this little family. I think I still am, in more ways than one. I am lucky enough to have not one, but 2 big sisters. Growing up, most of my memories involve my sister Lucy, who is closest to me in age. We are only, let me do the math... 17 months apart. I am pretty sure I rocked Lucy's world when I arrived, because I took away mom and dad's attention. Through the years we had many arguments. But I do remember lots of fun with Lucy too. We used to play office, at Christmas we made up a game involving describing ornaments on the tree and guessing the other person's ornament. One highlight from our childhood was when Lucy and I one day figured out how to jump rope together, using a single rope. This was awesome! we could jump in and out, take turns, and jump together with this bad dog rope we had. Puberty was a series of rough years for both of us and there were some years that followed where I don't really know what she was doing. (Victoria is more than 6 years older than me so she was driving by the time I started having memories. :) We fought a lot, and I remember my dad lecturing us, "one day you girls will be best friends, just wait and see..." Yah right we said!! Today my two sisters are my best friends, coming in second only to my husband on my list of favorite people. Our ages seem to matter less and less each year. Speaking of ages and years, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY! I am on your coat tails, so no old jokes coming your way, just some fun blasts from the past. Be sure to send your blog friends my way so they can see how cute you (and I) were in our younger days. I wish we were not so far apart so I could give you a big ole' birthday hug! Love ya sis!!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Lucy's sister for sharing these pictures and memories!

Kristy said...

You are so cute! Even with a mullet!

Tricia said...

lovely hair.....